We have developed this policy because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information. BIOS IT is registered under the data protection laws in the United Kingdom and takes all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
If you register for a service from BIOS IT, we may ask you for information such as your name, address, contact telephone numbers, email address, and other (optional) information. We may also ask you for personal information if you enter any competitions or promotions on our website.
We may receive personal information about you from third parties. Except in the cases where we are merely processing such information for them, we rely on third parties to obtain your consent for us to use this information.
How do we use your personal information?
If you have registered for one of the services available through the website, we may use your personal information to:
- Ensure our site is relevant to your needs.
- To deliver services, such as newsletters, offers or products that you request or purchase.
- Alert you to any changes to our services or our website.
- Improve our understanding of the type of people we are attracting to our services and how they use our services.
- Subject to your agreement, provide you information about BIOS IT and/or third party products and services.
- Prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to our website and/or services, and to prosecute those responsible.
How long does BIOS IT keep personal information for?
The time period for which we keep information varies according to what the information is used for. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
How to find out about your personal information stored on our system.
If you wish to know the personal information BIOS IT holds about you, please write to us at the address on our contact page, enclosing a cheque for the administration fee of £10 made payable to BIOS IT.
If you want specific information, please tell us, because this will speed up our reply, and give us any relevant information to enable us to locate information about you. Please also note that in some instances, we may be able to provide the information you want without you having to make a formal request as described above.
How to change your personal information
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make the necessary amendments and confirm that these have been made.
How do we protect your personal information?
To prevent the misuse of your personal information, BIOS IT is required under the Data Protection Act 1998 to keep with its rules and guidelines where personal data is concerned.
This cookie allows us to:
- provide an automatic login system for repeated use of the services offered
- limit how often you see particular advertisements or announcements on our website
- provide you with relevant self-help information
- track the page you were visiting in the event of an error
- track how many times you visit a page or advertisement
No personal identifiable information is contained within the cookie. All types of cookies can be removed from your PC or disabled completely by your browser; however, if you do this there is likely to be a deterioration of your experience of our website.
Links within this site to other websites are not covered by this policy. Other websites adhere to their own privacy policies. BIOS IT does not take responsibility for the content and operations of such third party websites.